Thursday, March 5, 2015

Rodeo Houston 3/4/15

As I left work yesterday I was stopped by a coworker and given two free tickets to the Houston Rodeo. I ended up using just one, but even alone it was one of the best experiences I've had since I moved to Houston. If you live in Houston and haven't been yet, I strongly recommend you check it out! I finally saw the typical Texas cowboys (and cowgirls) that I expected to see everywhere when I first moved down here. I expect it will be hard to match the level of 'merica!-nism that I experienced last night. I was spectator to a night of bull riding, beer drinking, fireworks indoors, and soldiers repelling down from the ceiling of a football dome with a giant american flag! It was enough to make even a skeptic like me feel a taste of that love for our country that every Texan bears deep in their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment